Have Windows XP remember or forget the last user on the machine
(only works if you are an admin on the machine)
- Start the Group Policy Editor. To do that, run this... gpedit.msc
- Go to... Computer Configuration -- Windows Settings -- Security Settings -- Local Policies -- Security Options
- Find in the list: "Interactive logon: Do not display last user name"
- Double-click it to edit the value.
Add an Item to Windows Context Menu for Every File
Don't try this unless you are familiar with Windows Registry operations.
- Open regedit.exe through the start menu search or run box, and then browse down to the following key:
- Right-click on "shell" and choose to create a new key, calling it "Open with Notepad".
- Create a new key below that one called "command".
- Double-click on the (Default) value in the right-hand pane and enter in the following...
The change should take effect immediately… just right-click on any file and you'll see the next menu entry.