||shallots, finely chopped|
||clove garlic, finely chopped|
||red wine (recommended: Columbia Crest Merlot)|
|1 1/2 cups
||ancho chili powder|
|1 heaping tbsp
||red wine vinegar|
||chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo|
||dark brown sugar|
||black pepper, freshly ground|
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic and
- cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the wine,
- increase the heat to high and cook until reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Add the ketchup and the remaining ingredients and
- cook until thickened and slightly reduced, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
size: 898 bytes file modified: 2019.4.2