Quick Meatball Stroganoff
from Cheapskate Monthly
||finely minced onion|
||vegetable oil (more as necessary)|
||cream of mushroom soup|
- In a bowl, mix together beef, egg, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup water, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Form into about 20 meatballs.
- Brown on all sides in the oil (adding more oil if meat is very lean).
- Drain off excess fat and push meatballs to one side of pan.
- Add soup, 1/2 cup water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Blend in sour cream and heat thoroughly, but do not allow to come to a boil once you have added the sour cream.
- Serve over hot rice or noodles.
Servings: 4 to 6.