||cream cheese, cubed|
||sharp cheddar cheese, shredded|
||Monterey Jack, shredded|
||hot sauce (maybe more)|
This recipe works best when you prep everything and set it out before you start cooking.
- Melt the butter in sauce pan.
- Stir in the corn starch.
- Add the milk.
- Chop the cream cheese into small cubes so it will melt faster, and stir into the butter and milk until it’s melted and smooth.
- Add the cheddar and stir until it is well melted.
- Add the Jack and stir again.
- Add the paprika and chili powder
- Add hot sauce. Taste, and add more if desired.
- Stir well and serve hot.
- Unlike the fake cheese sauces, this one sets up again when it gets cold.
- Use a heavy-bottom sauce pan. Thin pans get hot spots, and it’s too easy to burn the cheese.
Based on recipe by Drew Kime, via cooklikeyourgrandmother.com