I've not yet tried this recipe
Source: Luc Farly
|1 1/3 cup
||hot water (approx 150 F)|
||dry live yeast|
|3 1/2 cups
||white flour (+ about 1 cup for working the dough)|
- In a big bowl, dilute the yogurt with the water.
- Add the yeast and salt.
- Gradually incorporate the flour and mix with a wooden spoon for approx. 5 minutes, until the mix is smooth and homogeneous (the dough will be very soft and sticky). If it becomes too difficult to mix with the spoon, use your hands.
- Cover the bowl, and let rest for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Remix the dough by folding it on itself 20 times.
- Cover the bowl and let rest for 1 1/2 hours at room temperature.
- Remix the dough by folding it on itself 15 times while lightly adding flour.
- Flour the work surface and dump the very soft dough onto it. Add more flour to make it less sticky.
- Spread the dough delicately using your fingers to make a rough rectangle approx. 20" x 12" x 1/2-3/4".
- Divide the dough into 8 even parts, using a pizza cutter or knife, and flour each piece.
- Let rest for 45 minutes.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Place the stretched dough pieces into the pan, and flatten them gently.
- Cook approx. 5 minutes on each side. The bread is cooked when its surface becomes brown in some areas.