||Mexican chorizo, casings removed|
||smoked gouda, shredded|
||finely chopped red onions|
||hot sauce (recommended: Frank's Red Hot)|
||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
||large jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and halved|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown chorizo in a skillet over medium-high heat, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool for a bit, so it doesn't start melting the other ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cheese, red onion, egg, cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, and chorizo.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Press into jalapeno halves and assemble on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake until golden and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Recipe from Sunny Anderson, host of Cooking for Real