Yeilds: about 1/2 gallon
- Last batch I made was almost too creamy. Might try to thin it by adding a little water next time. Maybe 1 cup?
- Brown sausage in 3 qt sauce pan.
- Leave grease and remove sausage from pan. Set sausage aside.
- Add butter and allow to melt.
- Whisk flour in until blended.
- Add salt and pepper
- Add milk in stages, making sure to whisk it creamy (no lumps) before adding the next stage.
- Add sausage.
- Allow gravy to thicken, whisking occasionally.
- Remove and serve while still seems thin, because it will thicken as it cools
Reheats very well. If too thick add a bit of milk or water.