The honey in this recipe is experimental at this point.
|Corn Meal, Self-Rising
|Onion, Small, Chopped
||1/3 cup (half a Solo cup full.. or less)|
- Heat oil to 350 degrees.
Assemble Butter and Chunks
- Pour frozen corn into microwavable bowl; thaw partially.
- Add butter to corn.
- Microwave until butter starts to melt. Mix.
- Add Onions and Honey.
Assemble Dry Ingredients
- Stir together dry ingredients: meal, flour, soda, sugar, and salt.
Assemble Wet Ingredients
- In small bowl, beat the egg.
- Add buttermilk.
- Add Butter and Chunks mixture.
Mix Wet Into Dry
- Add wet on top of dry.
- Mix till just blended.
- Drop 1 tsp of batter into oil.
- Between every 4-6 drops, dip spoons into cup of water to keep batter from sticking to spoons.
- Turn as they cook for even browning.
- Remove when golden.