This is a great, simple cobbler recipe.
||Fruit (blueberries, peaches, blackberries, apples, cherries, etc.)|
||Vanilla Extract (optional)|
||9x13 baking dish|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt Butter in baking dish in oven
- While it melts, combine flour and sugar in medium mixing bowl
- Add milk to mixing bowl
- If desired, add Vanilla
- Crack egg into mixing bowl
- Stir/Whisk till combined
- Remove melted butter from oven and pour in Mixing Bowl ingredients
- Pour in fruit and evenly distribute it
- Cook about 1 hour
- Test by flaking up a small area to make sure underneath is cooked and not gooey.
- If your fruit is not sweet enough, you may want to add sugar.
- I tried blueberries and think I might try adding maybe 1/4 tsp of salt to give it a more complex, less flat, taste.
- In the absence of fresh fruit, canned, and even frozen, fruit will still be delicious.
- It tastes great in an 8x8 dish as well. You can make a deep one by doing a full batch, or a normal one by halving the ingredients. If you make a full batch, you will probably need to add 20-30 mins to cooking time because it will be thicker. My full batch in this pan rose to height of 4 in. before it cooled to 3, so make sure it's deep enough.
- When cooling, height will shrink and edges may move away from sides of pan.
- The egg can be omitted, if you wish. I just think it makes the batter/breading a little richer and tastier.