This is a great, simple cobbler recipe.
|3-4 c||Fruit (blueberries, peaches, blackberries, apples, cherries, etc.)|
|1/2 tsp||Vanilla Extract (optional)|
|1 ea||9x13 baking dish|
# Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
# Melt Butter in baking dish in oven
# While it melts, combine flour and sugar in medium mixing bowl
# Add milk to mixing bowl
# If desired, add Vanilla
# Crack egg into mixing bowl
# Stir/Whisk till combined
# Remove melted butter from oven and pour in Mixing Bowl ingredients
# Pour in fruit and evenly distribute it
# Cook about 1 hour
# Test by flaking up a small area to make sure underneath is cooked and not gooey.
* If your fruit is not sweet enough, you may want to add sugar.
* I tried blueberries and think I might try adding maybe 1/4 tsp of salt to give it a more complex, less flat, taste.
* In the absence of fresh fruit, canned, and even frozen, fruit will still be delicious.
* It tastes great in an 8x8 dish as well. You can make a deep one by doing a full batch, or a normal one by halving the ingredients. If you make a full batch, you will probably need to add 20-30 mins to cooking time because it will be thicker. My full batch in this pan rose to height of 4 in. before it cooled to 3, so make sure it's deep enough.
* When cooling, height will shrink and edges may move away from sides of pan.
* The egg can be omitted, if you wish. I just think it makes the batter/breading a little richer and tastier.