Makes 4 servings
Source: Nestle Ad
Toppings: Have toppings ready as well, to taste: cooked crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, etc.
||(half a stick)|
||(14.5 fl. oz.)|
||(12 fl. oz.)|
|baking potatoes, large
||baked (or 3 medium potatoes)|
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in broth and evaporated milk.
- Scoop potato pulp from 1 potato (reserve potato skin); mash.
- Add pulp to broth mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes just to a boil.
- Dice remaining potato skin and potato(es); add to soup.
- Heat through.
- Spoon into bowls.
- Sprinkle each with toppings.